Live To Write!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dialogue - Jefferson

3 posters

Go down

Dialogue - Jefferson Empty Dialogue - Jefferson

Post  jxl33 Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:47 am

Musical Scales
“Yo E, come over here, you should try something like this on your oboe” says J. He plays the piano, a sweet harmonic scale. It was very beautiful to listen to.
“No, it is something more like this” says E. He pushes aside J and places his fingers on the piano. Although not a piano player, E is able to play another scale with ease. The scale is a little bit more gloomy, generally how minor scales tend to sound.
“Are you sure? That doesn’t sound right” questions J. He doesn’t seem convinced about the scale that E just played.
“What you just played is a harmonic, this is a minor” declares E.
“I just played a minor!” argues J.
“No you didn’t, you played a harmonic” says E. He repeats his minor scale, just as gloomy as the first time. In order to show J the difference, he plays the same harmonic scale immediately after finishing the minor scale.
“Oh right that is the minor, I guess I did play a harmonic” says J. He admits to E that he was musically incorrect.
“The minor sounds much better than the harmonic on the oboe” justifies E.

jxl33

Back to top Go down

Dialogue - Jefferson Empty Re: Dialogue - Jefferson

Post  KenInGA Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:57 am

This is a tad bit rough.... the flow could use some work. The content is there, but it doesn't "feel" like normal conversation.

KenInGA

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Seko Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:05 pm

Your dialogue has a very clear conflict. You do a good job of showing the movement of the characters as they push each other aside. However, I think you could have better captured the tension between the two characters. I didn't get a strong sens of the emotionally reactions of either character.

Sarah Seko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down